Welcome Summer!!!!! June 20 is the Solstice, when the sun and the full Strawberry Moon combine their powers to illuminate both day and night……If you are one of those like me who love the flood of light that comes with the start of summer, your going to love solstice, as by happy coincidence the Moon will be full on the same day. Strawberry moon will rise at the same time the sun sets…….just some cool facts that I wanted to share……
Ok so lets talk Ayurveda, change of seasons means adjusting our diets, as I have mentioned before Ayurveda teaches that routine detoxification is essential for maintaining good health during seasonal changes. Summer is the season when the dosha PITTA accumulates in the body. If your constitution is Pitta, the increase in excess heat can become reactive and manifest as an imbalance if it is not properly eliminated.
One sign that a person can have excess PITTA is clearly seen on their SKIN.
A toxic overload in the body can show itself as breakouts, such as hives, acne, and red rashes. Cleansing the body, especially the liver and blood through diet and herbs can result in clear radiant skin, and balanced PITTA dosha.
Other signs can be, acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion, constipation, anger frustration, bad breath, body order, excessive sweating, impatience, criticism……..
The solution is to do the opposite to balance any dosha. PITTA means fire,
so you need to use a cooling and cleansing foods in order to balance excess PITTA.
Here are some guidelines to assist your body detox:
- Choose sweet, juicy fruits like melons, plums, and peaches
- Eat vegtables that are bitter and astringent such as collards, kale and asparagus.
- Add digestive spices to your food such as cumin, coriander, fennel and tumeric
- Limit hot, spicy, fermented, salty, oily, fried foods
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol and caffeine
- Drink purified cool not cold water, room temperature is actually the best way to hydrate at a cellular level and helps the body flush away toxins
Click here to download your Dosha Quiz, if you have any questions concerning your score or dosha please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.