WOW JULY is almost here! Six months of 2016 is now in the past…….
Lets take a moment to look back at some of our resolutions, did we stick to something new? empower ourselves to make a positive change? Add something new to our daily routine or daily rituals? No need to answer, but I would like you to ponder on these questions as the month is coming to an end. July is a new start to begin again.
We start of the month with BANG! Happy 4th of July! It is beach, bikini, barbecues, boating, and celebrating Independence Day. A day that represents the Declaration of Independence and the birth of the United States of America as an independent nation. Indulging this holiday weekend, try adding WATERMELON to your menu as it has amazing health benefits. Below I have listed 10 reasons to indulge anytime.
At the spa, we add fresh watermelon to a pitcher of purified water, it so refreshing, with superior hydration…….check out 10 benefits I bet you didn’t know………
- Boosts immunity – loaded with vitamin C, its can shorten the duration of illness
- Improves heart health – studies have indicated that potassium intake from watermelon can positively impact blood pressure reduction.
- Relieves muscle soreness – Due to its vitamin C it has shown to protect cartilage and bones, to be used in repairing tendons and ligaments.
- Prevents kidney stones – watermelon is a natural diuretic, helps to remove waste through increased urine production.
- Detoxifies the body – watermelon is mainly made up of water (91%) with aids the body to detox and relieve bloating and swelling.
- Can help fight cancer – Super supplier of antioxidants vit C and vit A both of which fight free radical damage and stop DNA from harmfully mutating, leading to the formation of cancerous tumors.
- Protects SKIN health – due to the vit C and vit A aids in maintaining the health of your skin, considered anti-aging fruit.
- Boosts eye health – has beta carotene, a form of vitamin A found in plants. It plays a role in preventing macular degeneration the leading cause of age related blindness.
- Can help with weight loss – its very low in calories, 46 calories for one cup, makes a great healthy snack option or add to a smoothie.
- Relieves acid reflux – helps to soothe the gastrointestinal tract and regulate ph levels, while lessening inflammation and acid production. In essence makes the body more alkaline.
WISHING YOU A HAPPY JULY, AND A SAFE FOURTH OF JULY, OF COURSE
PLEASE WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN………… THIS MONTH WHEN YOU PURCHASE A NYSG SUNSCREEN, RECEIVE A REHAB BLACK CHARCOAL MASK FREE!