Hope you all enjoyed your Mother’s Day Weekend! It’s hard to believe we are almost in our 6th month of 2017, in just a few days Memorial Day will be here, it can be a challenging time for us goddesses…..
Lets face it, we all judge ourselves way too harshly and swimsuit season is probably the worst. Over the years I have learned to do a little prepping; there are a few simple things you can do at home starting this week! I won’t even consider trying on bathing suits until I have done this a few times.
DRY BRUSHING, for those who haven’t heard about it, first let me go over how to dry brush and then the benefits.
- Purchase a natural bristle brush with a long handle so that you can reach all areas of your body.
- Stand in bathtub or shower, starting at the bottom of your feet, moving upward.
- Do not wet your skin, however if you have very sensitive skin I have advised some to apply a thin veil of coconut oil as not to injure your skin.
- Move upward with long sweeping strokes towards your heart.
- Brush each area several times; it’s normal to start itching a bit due to stimulation.
- Shower or bathe as you normally do.
- Apply a natural oil like almond, coconut or rose hip while skin is slightly damp.
- Exfoliates dead skin, dry brushing 3 or more times a week in the morning renews skin by shedding the dead cells off. (You can get all the scrubbing out of your system as not to abuse your face lol).
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which removes toxins from the body.
- REDUCES CELLULITE, by stimulating the cells it helps break down toxins, which reduces cellulite.
- Unclogs pores, allowing your skin to absorb more nutrients.
- Stress relieving, like a body massage it can reduce inflammation.
- Self tanner, which I am a huge fan of, goes on beautifully and comes off easily, which is vital not to clog your pores.
- Improves skins texture and tone; your body skin will be soft and supple.
Try it for at least three times, apply self tanner and go try on bathing suits. Your future self will definitely thank you! Add it to your beauty ritual so your body skin will always look and feel healthy…..
A footnote is I buy inexpensive brushes, I prefer to use a new one each week as bacteria can grow on anything left wet keep that in mind when shopping for your dry brush, prices can vary – dollar stores have great buys!
Would love to hear your thoughts and questions, please email me at email@example.com!